We Think Twice (RHYCONF2020)
About this training
We Think Twice is a digital media campaign designed to provide support and encouragement to help adolescents avoid adverse risk-taking behaviors. Co-designed with youth, for youth, the campaign seeks to empower adolescents in making smart decisions around sex, relationships, and setting goals for their future. The campaign is targeted to youth ages 13-19 through Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. The campaign website features digital products such as Buzzfeed-style quizzes, listicles, videos, games, a motivational playlist and other tools as well as user-generated content. This workshop will highlight the lessons learned from the first year of the We Think Twice campaign and will showcase the tools and products that have been developed with and for youth.
- Learn key takeaway lessons from the first year of a social media campaign and strategies to improve the use of social media in RHY programs.
- Learn about tools and products that have been developed for youth and youth-serving providers that can be incorporated into their work with runaway and homeless youth and their parents.
- Share how their organization can incorporate presented communication strategies to help empower teens in making smart decisions around sex, relationships, and setting goals for the future.
- Denise Dickinson, MPH, Program Manager, RTI
- Amanda Seagroves, MPH, Public Health Analyst, RTI
- Owen Burns, Communications Manager, Family and Youth Service Bureau, Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program
This training includes:
- Presentation slides