Empowering and Engaging Youth in Crisis - Strategies for Runaway and Homeless Youth Settings (RHYCONF2020)
About this training
Empowering and engaging youth in crisis is a critical skill. Youth served by RHY programs have experienced difficult and overwhelming situations, which sometimes lead to crisis. It is important to utilize approaches that can empower youth to make healthy and safe decisions. This workshop will take a deep dive into the concept of engagement, strategies to empower and engage youth in crisis, identify barriers to engagement, and how to move beyond resistance. This interactive workshop will provide participants an opportunity to practice skills, have meaningful discussions, and learn to incorporate empowerment and engagement strategies into a solution-focused crisis intervention model.
- Outline and integrate engagement strategies with youth served by the RHY programs.
- Apply trauma informed and youth development strategies into crisis situations.
- Explore the barriers for youth engagement and ways to reduce these barriers.
- Learn how solution-focused crisis interventions can assist runaway and homeless youth.
- Lee Osipchak, Chief Program Officer, National Runaway Safeline
- Chenē Weems, Director of Training & Quality Assurance, National Runaway Safeline
- Riley Dean, Director of Crisis Services, National Runaway Safeline
This training includes:
- Presentation Slides