RHYTTAC Understanding Opioid Abuse: A Strength-Based Response to the Opioid Crisis
About this training
Overview: This training provides the framework for a strength-based strategic response to opioid abuse by youth and transitional-age adults. Through education and training, supervisors and direct-care staff will be better positioned to understand opioid abuse and treatment resources related to the youth they serve. Through these insights, program staff can work from a strength-based perspective to reduce the stigma that surrounds both opioid addiction and treatment, as well as increase motivation for treatment, reduce transmission of communicable disease, and reduce the risk of opioid overdose.
- Identify and discuss components of a strength-based response to opioid abuse by program youth and transitional-age adults.
- Increase awareness of opioid misuse/abuse among youth and transitional-age adults.
- Understand national trends in opioid abuse.
- Identify and discuss the physical effects of chronic opioid abuse and opioid withdrawal.
- Identify strengths of traditional treatment methods versus medication-assisted therapy for treatment of opioid use disorders.
- Understand risks and benefits of Narcan for treating opioid overdose.